1. SharkCon: Consider a deep dive into the world’s oceans at the once-a-year celebration of sharks, sponsored by National Geographic’s SharkFest. It celebrates the wonderful predators with a more ecological bent than Sharknado. It brings marine exhibits, scientists and storytellers from all over the planet who search for to protect sharks and their ocean dwelling. You are going to also find a shark dissection, a 22-foot shark slide, mermaids, paddle board and kayak clinics, touch tanks, scuba diving and lots of ocean-themed sellers. For $40 you can look at a screening of Jaws on Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in the Expo Hall, followed by a Q and A with actor Richard Dreyfuss. Admission is $19.95, $4.95 baby (just one day) $24.95, $7.95 little one (two days). It operates from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4802 U.S. 301 N, Tampa. 813-621-7821. Get tickets at sharkcon.com.
2. Flick N Float: Deliver the loved ones to float around in the pool as you enjoy a movie. $5. 7-9 p.m. Friday. Highland Recreation Advanced and Spouse and children Aquatic Center, 400 Highland Ave. NE, Largo. 727-518-3016. playlargo.com.
3. Summer months Movie Express: Support the young ones escape the warmth and just take them out to a film for $1 all summertime at Regal movie theaters on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. This week functions The Lego Motion picture 2 and Minions adopted by Kung Fu Panda and Despicable Me Aug. 10 and 11. It will take spot at Citrus Park 20 in Tampa, Largo Mall 8 in Largo, Hollywood 20 in Port Richey and Park Position Stadium 16 in Pinellas Park. 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The cheap movie lineup runs via Labor Day weekend. Verify theaters because present situations may vary. regmovies.com.
4. Protection Harbor Tiny Totally free Library Scavenger Hunt: Get to the library to decide up a clue sheet main you to Small Cost-free Library boxes in downtown Protection Harbor, exactly where you can resolve clues and uncover guides in an try to gain a garden gnome. Complete the hunt and return your concluded clue sheet to the library to enter. Totally free. 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Protection Harbor Library, 101 2nd St. N, Safety Harbor. 727-724-1525, ext. 4106.
5. Family Exciting Fishing: For kids up to 14 many years of age, this free of charge function provides poles and bait, but participants are welcome to provide their possess devices. Social distancing tips and security safeguards will be observed. No cost. 8-11 a.m. Saturday. John S. Taylor Park, 1100 Eighth Ave. SW, Largo. 727-873-7852.